The 7th edition of the Japanese Culture Days will be held between May 17th and May 21st 2017 at the Romanian-American University. Its main objective is to offer the public the opportunity to get in touch with the contemporary and traditional Japanese culture.
During this Japanese week we have the pleasure to invite you to enjoy a series of events such as: exhibitions, workshops, scientific conference, movie screening, but also concerts and demonstrations, as it follows:
MAY 15th, 2017
Starting at 7:00 p.m. at Cismigiu Humanitas Library, Yukio Mishima’s book – “The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea” will be released through a special event.
MAY 18th, 2017
- Starting at 2:00 p.m. at the Senate Hall of the Romanian-American University, we invite you at a tea ceremony workshop.
- At 4:00 p.m., the public will have the chance to participate at a shamisen workshop (Japanese traditional instrument) coordinated by our Japanese guest, Maya Asaba.
- Starting with 6:00 p.m., you will be able to enjoy an ikebana class (Japanese floral arrangements).
- Moreover, from 7:00 p.m. you will discover the Japanese traditional drums during a Taiko workshop.
MAY 19th, 2017
- Starting at 10:00 a.m., the sixth edition of the scientific conference “Crossing Boundaries in Culture and Communication” will take place, having as keynote speakers: prof. Shunsuke Okunishi (Emeritus Professor and former president of Japan Foundation), prof. Eiko Hara (Iwate Prefectural University), prof. Hiroshi Tanaka (Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto), prof. David Flath (Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto). The conference will take place at the Senate Hall of the Romanian-American University.
- Also, a manga workshop will be held for 40 young talented Romanians. They will have the opportunity to work with the Japanese artist Daichi Kawada. This event will take place at 4:00 p.m. in the Senate Room.
- Moreover, starting at 7:00 p.m., in the Aula Magna of Romanian-American University, you will enjoy the screening of the animation movie “Ghost in The Shell – Stand Alone Complex”. The screening will be preceded by an open dialogue with our main guests: the Japanese director Kenji Kamiyama, the producer Yoshiki Sakurai and the scenarist Ryo Higaki; moderated by Mrs. Ana Maria Caia.
MAY 20th, 2017
Starting at 6:00 p.m., we have the pleasure to invite you to Haru Urara Grand Festa, the event will take place in the Aula Magna of the Romanian – American University. This year’s guests are Maya Asaba and Daichi Kawada and together with Romanian artists will present a shamisen and taiko recital. Also Oase and Alpha will prepare a kendama demonstration. Like in the previous editions, the best students of the “Angela Hondru” Romanian – Japanese Studies Center will be awarded, the grand prize being a 12 day cultural trip to Japan.
MAY 20th and 21st, 2017
Otaku RO Tour - the event will take place at the Romanian-American University and will include: exhibitions, the alley of artists, a gaming area, a Cosplay zone, workshops and screenings, Art Interactive Installations, Hackathons (live drawing) and Panels.
The event is organized by the Romanian – American University, Embassy of Japan in Bucharest, “Angela Hondru” Romanian – Japanese Studies Center , Otaku Entertainment and Haramichi RO, with the support of: JTI, BRD Groupe Societe Generale, Cismigiu Hotel, Borsec, Toyota, Free Spirit Travel, Wasabi Running Sushi, Humanitas and Humanitas Fiction Publishing, Takumi, H2O Sweets Kendamas, Yuki Japanese Home Dining, Forte Gaz, Tenshin, Association of the Japanese Language Professors in Romania. Media Partner: Radio Guerrilla
S-ar putea să vă mai intereseze:
- O nouă sesiune marca Atelierul Digital
- Revista Performance nr.63 | Spotlight story: Ana-Maria Preda
- Dezbatere UiPath @URA
- Antreprenor vs Manager